I’ve stumbled upon a few people who make these weekly lists and I think I might join in because a) they’re fun and b) it’s a nice little insight on what’s going on with me, I guess. Also, part of me wants to do a Dear ____, where I just dedicate a post to someone once as week and they write back, but that might have to wait seeing as I don’t have anyone to do that with. Anyways…
Yesterday, the storm rolled in and it rained hardcore for majority of the day, bringing in inches of rain, a split second of the lights going out, and of course, thunder. Then again, who doesn’t love a little bit of a thunderstorm? They’re perfect for a snuggling up to a good book with a nice cuppa tea…or coffee, if you so prefer. It’s also really good for the environment because hello, WATER!
So…on to some things that made my week!
- She Falls Asleep – I do realize that since I’ve made this website/blog thing, I’ve mentioned my book quite a bit. But why not? I’m extremely proud of what I’ve written. It definitely comes from the heart, and I wanted to write something that doesn’t adhere to the rules of a typical YA novel. It has its lighthearted moments, but overall, the book is downright depressing and shows that in life, not everyone has a happy ending. I don’t expect people to read it and be like “why didn’t this happen?” or “WHEN WILL THEY GET TOGETHER?!?!!” I’m not aiming for conventionality. I’m aiming for a different pov, something that’ll make people think.
- Breathe In. Breathe Out – I got my copy in the mail and after eight years of hiatus from the music industry, Hilary Duff is BACK!! I honestly believe that it’s the soundtrack of the summer, but I’m pretty much biased since I’ve adored Hilary since the Lizzie McGuire days. It’s the perfect blend of what a good pop album should be. There are real bangers like the lead single “Sparks” (I really think this should be getting more radio play) and “Confetti,” but then there’s “Tattoo,” which is more heartfelt and emotional (this one was co-written by Ed Sheeran, which probably explains why. I firmly believe this should be a single. It’s my favorite, along with “All About You,” which was a promo single last year). Needless to say, Hilary is back, and in the best possible way.
- 3 – My insanely talented friend MacKenzie just released an acoustic album here titled 3 because of the significance of the number to her life. Her voice is as smooth and sweet as honey and she is a true singer/songwriter. I honestly couldn’t be prouder of her if I could. She has and done some phenomenal covers on her Youtube site and was even feature on Sugarscape’s best “Black Magic” covers. She’s insane. Definitely check her out when you can.
- Trail mix. I don’t care what kind it is, I’ve become addicted. In fact, I would willingly take it as a form of currency for my books (I’m sure I tweeted that recently…)
- Bike Rides. Since summer commenced, I’ve been on a great number of bike rides. They’re just really invigorating and a great stress reliever.
- Cadet Kelly – I watched this move for the first time in ages, and I forgot how amazing it is, even as a mere DCOM (they were all great back then, let’s face it). More importantly, it’s a great feminist film that kids can watch.
- Berries. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries…IT’S BERRY SEASON!! I had a pizzert with Nutella, strawberries, and blueberries on top for breakfast this morning. It was what heaven must taste like.
- Slice Night. Every Wednesday, there’s a bar in town that has this thing called Slice Night, where you can get two slices of cheese pizza for $1.00 and two pepperonis for $1.50. I totally forgot how great it is on the bank.
- Braids. I’ve always hated the idea of wearing my hair in braids/pigtails because as a 5’1″ woman, they’d make me look childish (I don’t need anything else making me look 10 years younger). Recently, I’ve embraced it. I wear my hair in pigtails, side braids, braided buns…I just really like braids right now.
- Tea. I would simply not function without a nice cuppa tea in the morning. I’m more of a black tea kind of person, but I will take green tea with the essentials: honey and ginger. No morning is complete without some tea!
Well, that’s it for me. I hope that your week was fun and eventful! Let me know what yours was like. I’d love to hear about it.