Once again, this week hasn’t been that eventful. It’s mostly been full of staying indoors due to the rain, which hindered my daily bike rides, but this past week was also the start of Ramadan! Also, I’d like to point out that it’s Go Skate Day. I’d totally be outside skating right now if a) I had a skateboard and b) I knew how. I don’t think the guys at the skate park would willingly lend me their boards…anyways, let’s get cracking!
- Rain storm – I realize that this is what essentially limited my abilities to enjoy the fresh air since I don’t have a car. Nevertheless, it did allow me some time to cuddle up to my rabbit, Panda (he’s black and white…my sister named him when we bought him years ago). Despite the thunder, lightening, and lack of electricity at one point, the storm was soothing. I love a little rain storm. I also tend to belt out Hilary Duff’s “Come Clean” whenever it rains…
- Spinach – I’ve had this leafy veggie quite a lot over the past week and have grown to love it. In fact, I might be turning to Popeye…okay, maybe not, but I feel like with the amount of spinach I’ve eaten over the past week, I’m coming close to it.
- Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher – No, I have not read this book yet, but once I get ahold of a physical copy, I’m definitely going to be buried in the story. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gi’s third novel, and I’m so excited to finally read it.
- Halsey – I feel terrible for hopping on the Halsey bandwagon just a few days ago, but I always ignored her music because EVERYONE on my Tumblr dashboard is literally obsessed with her. But I gave her music a go and completely love it. She’s also an amazing role model for girls as a mixed, bisexual singer in a male dominated area of the industry.
- No Place in Heaven – As much as I’ve jammed to Hilary’s new album over the past week, I’ve also done the same with MIKA’s latest album. I don’t even know how to describe the emotional journey it takes you. “Last Party” is one of the most depressing songs I’ve ever heard, lyrically, but then there’s nice, upbeat songs like “All She Wants” that’s sure to get you bopping.
- My rainbow mug – There’s this mug that I drink out of all the time that’s plain and has a rainbow on either side. Whenever I have my tea, it just makes me happy to be sipping out of a mug that simple and symbolic, I guess.
- Ramadan – As much as I hate Ramadan in the summer due the extremely long fasting hours, it’s such a great moment in the year that promotes humbleness and being a downright good person.
- Simple’s cleansing micellar water – I’m just thankful that this thing exists. Simple really changed the game by coming out with a cleanser that totally disregards the usage of water to clean your face. It’s simply (no pun intended) a matter of applying the cleanser to your face and BAM! That’s it. Your face instantly feels hydrated and nice. I’ve definitely noticed how clear my skin has become since using it.
- New book – Yes, I’ve actually started on a new book. Crazy how much thinking you can accomplish during a storm. I haven’t gotten that far in it; I’m only on the first chapter, but I’m loving it and can’t wait to share a bit on Writing Wednesday.
- Dates – Like the fruit, obviously. I forgot how sweet and delicious they are! I also remember sending my friend a picture of a tin of dates and me on Valentines Day with the caption “I’ve got a hot date tonight.” I thought it was funny.
That’s all from me. I hope you guys have had lovely and eventful weeks! I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to.